K-Startup Grand Challenge, now in its second year, will invite 50 international startups for 4 months of fully supported acceleration in Korea, giving startups from Tanzania an opportunity to expand their business in Asia. Last year 400+ startups from the SSW network applied for the program and several were accepted.
Applications for the program are open now and close on June 7th. Startups founded in the last five years that have an MVP can apply here.
- Download a print-ready poster for your local co-working spaces (PNG and PSB). Also attached in low-res with this email
- Download press release and fast facts doc about the program here (feel free to share with local startup media)
- For social media ideas, check this doc
- VentureBeat published about the program here and TechCrunch published here
- For any questions email email@example.com
Why Korea: Over the past decade (South) Korea has become Asia’s cultural capital. It’s now vying for recognition as one of Asia’s top startup hubs and Seedstars’ first Global winner (Flitto) came from Korea. It’s a safe and stable country with access to over 2 billion potential customers just a short flight away. Korea boasts the world’s fastest mobile internet, 88% of Koreans own a smartphone (world No. 1) and half of them live in Seoul (26 million people) – imagine how quickly tech trends spread! Korea’s also home to global brands like Samsung, LG and Hyundai who’ve signed on to support K-Startup Grand Challenge. Tech talent is abundant (64% of Koreans hold a university degree). Bloomberg ranked Korea No. 1 in innovation in 2015 and 2016.