Ten of Tanzania’s finest tech startups will compete for a place in the Seedstars World finals in Switzerland in 2018. Taking place 20 July in Dar Es Salaam, the finalists will be pitching their ideas to a panel of judges at Buni Innovation Hub.
The winner will head to the Seedstars World finals in Switzerland in 2018 for a chance to win up to US$500 000 equity investment.
Seedstars World has partnered with Costech and Embassy of Switzerland and the Human Development Innovation Fund for the Tanzanian leg of the competition. This partnership will not only enable the winner to represent Tanzania in the 2018 finals, but local entrepreneurs will receive additional support from the panel of judges as well as mentors from Buni Innovation Hub
Buni Innovation Hub is dedicated to support the entrepreneurial spirit that is prevalent in the country and through partnerships like this we are able to do as much,” says Maryam Mgonja Head of Partnerships at the hub
The 10 finalists are:
- Afropremiere – Imagine a Platform whereby number of Views equals to the income generated by Artists. Afropremiere brings that into reality.
- Be a Lady – Sanitary Napkin Vending Machine is an Automatic Self-Service Vending Machine used for dispensing Sanitary Napkins acceptance of Coins/Cards.
- Emakatt – House to house laundry app that enables users to request for laundry services to and from the laundry
- Flow Farm – Flow farm and company deals with improvement of agriculture basing on cut edge technology as to boast production quality and quantity.
- Hadithi App – Great SWAHILI stories and books to your mobile device.
- Nefrids Africa Limited – SimuBima is the first of its kind Mobile Phone Insurance Solution designed to reach as many users across Tanzania using digital channels.
- ScholarDream – Cloud based school management software for boosting school administrator productivity
- Soma App – SomaApp is a mobile app that lists and matches East African students with thousands of domestic and international scholarships.
- TanzDevs – Brings normal book contents (pictures) to life through scanning them with the intelligent mobile application.
- WorkNasi – Business is about establishing relationships and learning ,sharing office provides that opportunity to both parties and extra revenue.
Seedstars world will conduct a one day bootcamp on 17th July 2017 at buni Innovation Hub from 1:00pm – 6:00pm. The themes of the bootcamp will include The Art of the Pitch, Growth hacking, One on One session with the mentors and pitch trainings.
Come and experience the great Tanzanian startups pitching at the stage to compete for the chance to become part of the seedstars family in Switzerland next year. To attend is free for everyone, click here to save your seat.